Please be advised that whilst we will take all reasonable care to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 Coronavirus both sellers/occupiers and applicants/viewers are ultimately responsible for their own personal safety and undertake/accept viewings at their own risk.
Our policy has been written based on the Government Guidance which you can read here.
Prior to booking any ‘in person’ viewing the following must be satisfied:
- The applicant has viewed any Virtual or Video tour available and spoken to a member of staff about their specific requirements to make sure the property is suitable
- The applicant is seriously considering making an offer on the property, and is in a position to proceed, i.e. they have secured a buyer on their own property (with a complete chain) or can proceed without selling. If this is not the case the viewing will be at the seller’s discretion.
- The applicant (or anyone in their household) has not had any symptoms within the last 14days and does not have Coronavirus
- The applicant is able to provide their own hand sanitiser and PPE, i.e. face covering as a minimum
- The applicant undertakes not to touch any surface within the property
- If purchasing and requires a mortgage the applicant has a current agreement in principle for a mortgage (issued since 1st April 2020)
- The seller/occupier must refuse or cancel the viewing if anyone in the household has had symptoms within the last 14day or has Coronavirus.
Prior to attending any ‘in person’ viewing the following must be satisfied:
- The seller/occupier confirms that they will vacate the property for the duration of the viewing
- The seller/occupier has cleaned the property including any external door handles etc before vacating the property, leaving internal & cupboard doors open
- The Applicant must confirm that they, or anyone in their household, have not had any symptoms within the last 14days and does not have Coronavirus
- The applicant should arrive already wearing their own PPE, face covering as a minimum
- The applicant must wait outside the property (preferably in their vehicle) until the staff member confirms they can come in
- The staff member will ensure that all internal doors are already open and any lights required already switched on (if possible the seller/occupier should do this before leaving the house)
- The staff member must ensure that the vendor/occupier has left the premises before allowing the applicants in
At the viewing:
- The Applicant to put on the shoe covers provided prior to stepping inside the property, then wipe their hands with an antibacterial wipe as provided or use their own hand sanitiser
- No more than two adults, & then only if from the same household, in addition to the staff member, may attend the viewing.
- No children may attend the viewing
- A 2 metre distance should be maintained between the applicant/s and staff member wherever possible
- Under no circumstances should hands be shaken
- The staff member must wear PPE, i.e. disposable gloves, shoe covers and a mask when attending a property
- The internal viewing should last no longer than 15 minutes
- The applicant to dispose of shoe covers in bin provided, and use another hand wipe if they wish or hand sanitiser, as they leave the property
After the viewing:
- The staff member should make sure the applicants have left the premises before the vendor/occupier returns (or another viewer arrives)
- The staff member should wipe down any door handles, switches or surfaces with antibacterial wipes as they leave the property and/or before the seller/occupier returns or another viewer enters
- PPE and wipes must be disposed of carefully in a suitable waste bag to be kept in the boot of the car and an anti bac hand wipe or gel used afterwards, and before getting back in the car.
- On return to the office (or home) the staff member should wash their hands thoroughly.
- The staff member must alert Jane to any breach of the above that could result in a possible contamination
Please note that should any of the above conditions not be met Robinson Reade reserve the right to immediately cancel or end the viewing.