05 Dec Why Christmas is a good time to sell…
Believe it or not – while you’re tucking into your turkey, playing family games, buried in Lego or surrounded by Paw Patrol – thousands of people are using their new smart phones to tap into Rightmove.
Yes, you read that right, some people actually start their search for a new home as early as Christmas Day. Others wait a little longer, and start on Boxing Day! There’s lots of reasons why…..
- People start making their resolutions and set themselves goals for the New Year so January is often one of the busiest times for us estate agents.
- Having people over sipping prosecco during the festivities makes families realise they’re bursting at the seams and need more space; a bigger dining room to all comfortably sit around the table or a spare room to offer guests after the karaoke party night with friends.
- Seeing elderly relatives over the holiday can highlight their future care needs or the benefits of having them closer by.
- For friends and relatives of neighbours visiting the area seeing a For Sale board might be just the prompt they need to start planning a move.
- Unfortunately there are sad reasons too, the strain of Christmas can often cause family upsets, requiring a house move.
With the above in mind it’s no surprise that the property portals, like Rightmove, report the busiest traffic over Christmas and New Year, year after year they report a trend of a sharp spike in traffic during the Christmas holidays.
When all those eager movers start tapping and swiping we can make sure it’s your home that comes up in their search, so it’ll be your home they’ll be picturing themselves living in and achieving their dreams and goals for the future.
Of course there aren’t as many homes on the market during December, which is great for you as you’ll have less competition. So when your dream home comes on the market in the New Year you’ll be in the best position to snap it up and your offer is more likely to get accepted as you’ll be a step ahead of the rest.
Don’t worry about viewings interrupting your celebrations, just tell us when’s convenient for viewings and when isn’t.
So, to get maximum exposure beat the rush and let’s launch your home to the market before Christmas. Call me now on 01489 579009 and we’ll pop out to see you.