25 Nov Winter wondering?
In the run up to what was the busiest time of year for us last year we thought we’d share some information which may surprise you!
December 2016 and January 2017 were our busiest months, following a trend which we’ve seen for a few years now. Why you may think? And at a time when most are thinking about the mountain of presents they need to buy or stocking up for the impending feasts!
We want to let you know what we’ve learnt to be the great benefits of selling properties at this time of the year:
- There are generally less properties for sale as many people will wait until the new year to start marketing. This means less competition for you from similar properties.
- Once under offer you’ll be in the very best position to offer on your dream home when it comes to the market in the new year.
- If your garden is not the strongest selling point of your home then this could be a good time to sell. We find buyers tend to be less motivated by what’s outside during the winter.
- Buyers want to imagine themselves living in your home and nothing makes a home feel cosier and more inviting than shutting the cold out with the heating on inside and the lights down low.
- The Christmas holiday period is one of Rightmove’s busiest times of the year as families are at home making decisions about next year’s plans to move.
- The house will be all spick and span in preparation for the in laws arrival and looking at its prettiest with the fire on and Christmas tree twinkling, so it makes sense to take the photos now showing it at its best.
- Although the decisions are already in for the next academic year, parents will be thinking about school catchment for children approaching the transition from infants to juniors or juniors to seniors. By buying now they should be completed and moved in before the applications need to be in.
- Boards are a great selling tool and with neighbours having relatives to stay over the festive period you could benefit from out of area buyers seeing your ‘For Sale’ board, perhaps prompting a decision to move closer to family.
Don’t panic though, we know you won’t want buyers interrupting the festivities, we can start advertising to make the most of the Christmas traffic delaying the viewings until you’re ready.
So, if a move is still on your list of things ‘to do’ and you would like to hear more about selling this winter, then call and speak to one of our elves now on 01489 579009.
p.s. We found this handy Christmas Countdown Clock for you